Isn't it time to take back control of our government
VOTE FOR THE SOLUTION!!!!
West Valley City as I see it:As a life time resident of West Valley (Granger/Hunter) I've observed the people of this city become very discontent with this newly formed government, after 33 years the West Valley City government is starting to fail.
- A police officer involved shooting in November 2012 with no findings released to the public.
- 12 police officers now on paid administrative leave.
- OVER 100 felony complaints dismissed by the Salt Lake County District Attorney.
- Ongoing investigations by the FBI and the Salt Lake County District Attorney.
- The police chief, gone.
- The mayor gone in January.
- A $199,000.00 a year city manager telling the citizens not to worry, "it's broke, he'll fix it." You don't fix broken credibility.
- West Valley paid a police chief $160,000.00 a year and a city manager $199,000.00 a year so it wouldn't get "broke".
- A city council and mayor that did not have the guts to FIRE the Police chief and the city manager, now they have lost their credibility with the people, now 3 of those council members are running for mayor, Really?
West Valley City is no longer controlled by the people we elect, it's controlled by a overpaid city employee, a city manager with way too much power. This government has caused West Valley City to become a national embarrassment.
- We need to return total control to our elected West Valley officials.
- Change (return) West Valley City government to a full time mayor/Council form of government.
- Regain the credibility of the police department by joining with the unified police Department. I've had very long conversation with Sheriff Jim Winder, Sheriff Winder IS THE SOLUTION, I Strongly suggest that the city council talk with Sheriff Winder before making the mistake of hiring a new Police chief.
I'm Jeffrey W Mackay, I'm proudly running for West Valley Mayor.
A VOTE FOR JEFF MACKAY IS A VOTE FOR THE SOLUTION!
Join us on Facebook @ mackay4mayor